Want to work for Denizen? We have two new job opportunities
To keep up with the demands of our phenomenal growth, we are on the hunt for some exceptional individuals to join our team of fun-loving tastemakers.
Denizen — New Zealand’s most influential multimedia platform — is regarded as the go-to destination for those looking for a fix on the art of living well locally. We pride ourselves on producing unique, intelligent content that focuses on the positive, and keeps our vast audience of discerning New Zealanders satiated and entertained.
Position 1: Account Manager
We’re on the hunt for an exceptional sales and marketing aficionado to join what is arguably the most successful magazine and website in the New Zealand market today. The successful candidate will be utterly self-motivated, possess an inherent desire to achieve and have an acute understanding of the finer things in life. They’ll have an unwavering desire to manage ongoing relationships with a highly coveted portfolio of clients that includes some of the world’s most desirable luxury brands.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of achieving exceptional sales results all while maintaining strong relationships with clients. An intimate understanding of all aspects of media from print publishing, to online and social media, is not essential, but a passion for these mediums is.
The successful candidate will form part of an incredibly passionate and committed team who work hard but also regularly enjoy the fruits of their labour by dabbling in the art of living well. We’re looking for someone with an outstanding personality, an eye for detail, excellent communication skills, a good head for numbers, an eye for luxury and fantastic people skills.
This position requires you to:
– Develop media plans and strategies that are aligned with a client’s objectives
– Collaborate with the editor-in-chief on ideas and strategy
– Become an expert on editorial content, successfully executing advertising programs for a range of clients
– Complete post-campaign wrap-up and analysis
– Stay abreast of industry news and competitive sites
1. Proven: You have 2-5 years of previous advertising or marketing experience at a publisher or agency.
2. Strategic: A balance of creativity and strategy guide your decision-making. You are an organised multi-tasker with an eye for detail in a fast-paced, changing environment.
3. Communicative: Whether written or orally, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with clients and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
4. Solutions-oriented: Your can-do attitude is contagious. You tackle projects from a strategic and creative approach with nothing standing in your way of achieving the end goal.
Position 2: Junior Graphic Designer
The graphic designer will work directly with the Creative Director and design team on a wide variety of aspects of the Denizen brand, but predominantly in the digital space. The candidate should be passionate about the luxury sector (food, fashion, travel, culture), as well as having a keen eye for design and typography, photography and an attention to detail. They will be a creative collaborator — working alongside all teams to conceptualise and produce innovative content and design for the Denizen brand.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
– Working with the Content Manager to design and update visuals on the Denizen website
– Preparing required imagery for social media posts and campaigns
– Designing the Denizen Weekly newsletter
– Working with the editorial team to photograph a myriad of content, such as restaurant openings, portraits and products
– Producing short videos for online and social media
– Assisting the advertising department with campaign proposals and pitches
– Assisting the Creative Director and Graphic Designer with the design and production of the five issues of Denizen magazine. This includes collating content, image sourcing, file management
– Working with the team on special projects/events — including invitations and event production
The ideal candidate will have:
– Tertiary qualification in graphic design
– Previous design experience would be preferred, however, we will also consider a graduate with a strong portfolio.
– Exceptional photography skills
– Videography skills, including editing
– Proficient in graphic software such as Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Knowledge of HTML, CSS and responsive web design would be a plus
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
Interested applicants should send their CV to [email protected].
Applications must be received no later than 5pm Friday 14th July 2017.
This article is reprinted by permission from Source link