See 49 employers taking resumes at Muskegon Community College Job Fair
MUSKEGON, MI – One of the largest job fairs of the year will take place this month at Muskegon Community College.
MCC expects to host more than 50 employers at its fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 24, at Collegiate Hall. The event is free and open to the public.
Participants should bring resumes, and dress appropriately for interviewing.
The unemployment rate in Muskegon County was 5.8 percent in August – the most recent month for which there are data – when 4,500 people of the 77,700-person labor force were unemployed, according to the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB).
The statewide unemployment rate in August was 4.6 percent, according to DTMB.
Muskegon County’s top five industries – when measured by the number of people employed in them during August – are: manufacturing (14,100); trade, transportation and utilities (13,400); education and health services (10,800); leisure and hospitality (8,600); and government (6,600).
Businesses participating in the MCC Job Fair so far are:
- Alliance Home Health Care Services
- American House Senior Living Communities
- Arbre Farms Corporation
- Beacon Specialized Living Services
- Brookhaven Medical Care Facility
- Busche Aluminum Technologies
- Caretaker Property Maintenance
- Challenge Manufacturing
- Christian Care Nursing Center
- Davita Inc
- DaySpring Services
- DeWys Manufacturing Inc
- Fastenal Company
- Fremont Insurance Company
- Good Temps Staffing Services
- Hackley Community Care
- Harbor Hospice
- Hilite International
- Hortech Inc.
- Koops Inc
- Mercy Health West Michigan
- Metal Flow
- Metro Health-University of Michigan Health
- Michigan State Police
- Morrison Industrial Equipment
- Muskegon State Park
- North Ottawa Community Health System
- Pliant Plastics
- Porter Hills Retirement Communities
- Pyper Tool & Engineering Inc
- Randstad In-House Services
- Sanctuary at the Oaks
- Standard Supply & Lumber
- Suburban Inns
- Summit Lawn Care & Snowplowing
- The Medical Team
- Thermotron Industries
- Transitional Health Services of Fremont
- Trinity Health Senior Communities
- Tyson Foods
- Vector Marketing
- WXMI Fox 17
Check business’ websites for current job openings.
For more information, contact the college at 231-777-0365.
This article is reprinted by permission from