Job opportunities with ICON TRAINING.
We are ICON Training:
We are a multi-award-winning sport and leisure industry training provider.
We are committed to excellence and inspirational learning.
We were named Apprenticeship Provider of the Year at the 2016 ukactive Active Training Awards and have been shortlisted as finalists in the 2016 TES FE Awards in the Apprenticeship Programme and Training Provider categories. We are the only national Ofsted Grade 1 Training Provider who deliver within our sector.
What we do:
We work in partnership with employers to create bespoke training programmes that are effective, flexible and fit for purpose. We help employers to embed training at the heart of their organisation and create solutions to help their organisation thrive.
We work with young people to help them carve out rewarding, sustainable and enjoyable long-term careers in sport and leisure.
We are committed to raising the professional standards throughout our industry and our vision of a highly trained leisure workforce able to progress from Level 1 through to Level 7
ICON Training a looking for an experienced Head of Commercial who will be responsible for the building of All Commercial Course Activity and the building, running and coordination of the Commercial team and marketing activity within ICON Training. You will be leading on the transformation, improvement and efficiency of Delivery Mechanisms, Learning and Assessments of ICON’s national training centres and their respective courses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design development and implementation of new and existing commercial products to the market.
You will jointly manage marketing activity with the National Business Lead to ensure that there is a coordinated company approach to maximise exposure and opportunities to increase awareness of the ICON portfolio of services and products.
You will report direct to the Managing Director and across an 18 to 24-month period would work towards a Commercial/Sales Director role. The opportunity for this role would be split between the National Business Lead and the Head of Commercial.
What’s in it for you?
* An opportunity to work at a Market Leading, Quality Training Provider with a culture of frontline decision making and Leadership
* An opportunity to create a Commercial offering within a sector leading delivery team who have a passion for excellence and ensure that they stay motivated, engaged and leading from the front
* An opportunity to ascertain if procedures and policies are working, influence change and implement world class ways of working
* Strategize, Lead and Develop the way in which ICON Learners receive their training to keep the company ahead of the curve
* Ensure the organisation continues to provide solutions during the Apprenticeship Reform and take advantage of new and existing relationships to maximise commercial opportunities
* Develop a commercial approach to all aspects of training that delivers excellence, ROI and repeat business
* To strategize a commercial course calendar that works across all aspects of the business, maximising ROI, utilising other aspects of the business such as Apprenticeship and Student Loan funded learners to create cost effective training
Key Decision-Making Matrices and Company Measures
I. ‘How does this benefit the learner?’
II. Does it achieve 90% independent learner satisfaction?
III. Does this maintain Ofsted grade 1 standards through independent review?
IV. Does this enhance and grow the company?
V. Does this maintain, enhance and grow revenue streams?
The ideal candidate will have:
* Proven track record of leading a team in a quality driven, commercial environment where the staff have been empowered to lead the company forward
* Ability to look at opportunities in a commercial sense and add value
* A strong track record of building sustainable relationships both internally and externally to an organisation
* The ability to strategize and see opportunities
* A drive to make a difference, drive greatness and leave a positive legacy of change
* An infectious, can do attitude and who will not settle for the standard way of doing things or accept this is the way it has always been done
* Deliver Commercial strategy to achieve profitable growth and operation in line with ICON’s mission and vision
* Develop and ensure the delivery of an operating plan that delivers the sector strategy and objectives
* Ensure quality standards are in line with Company, Ofsted and Awarding Body guidelines
* Monitor operating and financial results against plans and budgets to ensure Commercial is performing in line with Company budgets
* Maintain and enhance relationships with existing customers assuring the ICON’s brand is synonymous with and recognised for quality of service
* Lead a large, remote team to achieve a balanced scorecard
* Lead, develop and manage the performance of your direct reports in line with Company performance expectations and KPI’s to maintain a high performing culture
* Maintain and enhance relationships with business support teams to ensure delivery of Commercial operating plan
* Shape priorities of curriculum team to support the creation, development and launch of new, industry leading and innovative training products
* Contribute to ad-hoc cross sector/function projects to support the delivery of ICON’s strategic plan
* Be a role model of the organisations values and behaviours.
Salary: Competitive + Pension, Company Car, & Expenses.
Hours: Full Time
Advert Closing Date: Monday 24th July
Successful Candidates will attend and interview day Tuesday 29th August
Perceived Start Date: 1st October 2017
How to apply: Please provide your CV with covering letter detailing how you think you would be appropriate for the role and send by clicking on ‘apply now’.
Other vacancies with ICON TRAINING.
Head of Compliance
Job location: Nationwide, United Kingdom
Job location: Nationwide, United Kingdom
This article is reprinted by permission from Source link