Job Opportunities In Healthcare And Education Available in Austin
AUSTIN, TX — According to forbes.com, the job search method has changed in the course of the last several years. For many job seekers, it’s been a while since they’ve had to send out a resumé or fill out a job application. In an era when instant access oftentimes equates to success, prospective employers now rely on networking sites such as Google and LinkedIn to find the right candidates for the job.
In industries where the competition is high, and employers are receiving a deluge of applications, it’s not unheard of for hiring managers to spend an average of 30 seconds reviewing resumés before moving along to the next one. For that reason, many employers now look for an applicant’s work history summary rather than a heavily detailed description of jobs previously held.
If you’re unsure what an employer looks for from its applicants pool, it never hurts to reach out and send an introductory email to HR. Preparation is the best course to take when deciding whether you should apply for that next job. Brush up on articles and tips on what employers look for from applicants and research on a prospective company’s culture to gain an even better sense of what to expect.
The director of integration will lead this group of approximately 15 staffers, including the resource management role. The structure of the group is such that we have three group account directors (with 15 – 20 years of experience) managing individual strategic business units consisting of two to three accounts each. Each of those groups is staffed with a mix of account directors, supervisors and executives. Separately, we have two resource managers programming inbound demand to the most capable creative handlers. We also have a marketing director fielding new business within the Integration group.
The group account directors maintain a strong grip on the client relationships and work product for their accounts. We do not intend this new hire to add a layer to client interaction or creative development and internal creative approvals. Rather, this is more of a training and operations function: a facilitator of improved inter-group communication and collaboration and a czar of best practices.
Lead the Integration group toward operational excellence in service of the role
Teach, model and enhance the ideal creative development process
Continue to define agency roles and responsibilities as agency evolves
Train and onboard new integration employees
Expand and update the agency owner’s manual
Assist with new business pursuits as available (note: pitches are rare)
Monitor agency-wide real-time reporting and accountability for time
Drive consistent and timely performance development plans for the group
Inspire growth via a content-filled, weekly group meeting curriculum
Receive and distribute feedback on improved collaboration between all groups
Enforce agency tenets, e.g., respectful and direct communication
Serve on the agency leadership team (what we call “Bus Drivers”)
Assist with sourcing and quality control of new recruits
Support the best integration team this industry has seen
12 years leading large account groups at a nationally recognized agency
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
Former experience authoring process and implementing agency-wide change
Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
Hands-on knowledge of digital media, web and UX processes
Love for learning and teaching; a self-starter with entrepreneurial drive
Curiosity for the industry, technology and the art of achieving great work
Great leadership traits: maturity, patience, optimism, vision, enthusiasm
Please do not call. All submissions will be reviewed. Thank you.
Benefits Offered: Life, 401K, Medical, Vision, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Client Partner
Discipline: Sales & Marketing
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Client Partner is responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of a project to the client’s satisfaction and within agreed scope and timelines. Also, manage several high-level client relationships, oversee multiple projects simultaneously and look for opportunities to expand existing relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Intake, Ideation and Planning
- Deep understanding of the client’s business, brand and category in which they compete.
- Understand the client goals and needs and clearly articulate the objectives of the initiative.
- Oversees all briefs on account, and writes them for larger and high-profile assignments.
- Strategic involvement, able to develop a brief that is compelling and that inspires and identifies a clear outcome along with how success will be measured.
- Assemble and brief the team and facilitate ideation, always looking for ideas that are big and offer the greatest impact on the client’s business.
- Review project and creative briefs to ensure overall strategic direction in on-target.
- Develop case studies on clients’ business
Issue and Risk Management
- Supports Project Management in analyzing the key issues and risks in the program and assess business impact
- Drive effective communication of issues and risks to the client when relevant to the senior clients
- Set project quality and performance standards. Assess and manage risk within, and across, multiple projects
- Deep understanding of contracting and controls relative to quarter close. Ability to navigate conversations with senior business client and senior procurement to detect when negotiation is underway and involve senior account leadership to consider position/leverage and preparation
- Responsible for ensuring that the forecast for their portfolio of business is clean and updated in a timely manner
- Responsible for a thorough understanding of and the up to date maintenance of the P&L for their portfolio of business
- Effective and Favorable Negotiations: Proficient in navigating quarter close risk on contracts and cash
Revenue Growth, Client Acquisition, Account Management:
- Structure and manages integrated, multi-track projects and programs
- Responsible for ensuring that the account plan is a comprehensive, multi-layered strategy.
- Works closely with the business development team to explore and drive plans to penetrate the identified opportunities.
- Ownership of monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and margin targets aligned with ChaiOne’s business goals
- Solid understanding of negotiation tactics and ensures we put a price on demands and never make a concession without getting something in return
- Review overall program metrics and creative to ensure compliance to quality on all client deliverables set forth in the creative brief
- Drive strategic initiatives for clients towards specific measurable business goals
- Establish relationship framework for the relationship in collaboration with the client and agency partners
- Build and manage senior client relationships (expectations, communications, escalation, etc.)
- Understand the client’s culture, capabilities, team structure and take decisions to ensure success for the client
- Manage client expectations/perceptions
Team Stewardship / Capability Development:
- Communicate client objectives to all team members to ensure consistency
- Communicate and disseminate client requests to internal teams; manage internal communications and external communication with vendors, media partners
- Drives succession planning for the key roles on the account
- Inspires, coaches and mentors junior team members
- Build a positive, collaborative working environment for the team
- Actively get involved in company events such as hiring, training and internal initiatives.
- 10 -15 years of experience working within the account management domain
- Accountability for budget or client revenue of $2-4mm+
- 3+ years of client executive experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships with Director and Vice President levels
- Experienced with multiple campaign lifecycles from business development to final delivery
- Experience leading teams with multiple discipline representation (especially technology, creative, media and strategy)
- Bachelor’s degree marketing, design, technology or related field
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills (sample required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and proven ability to learn and master additional productivity software
- Must be open to travel (>25%)
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Marketing & PR Account Coordinator:
Wellington Group Marketing & PR is seeking to hire an entry level Account Coordinator to support a diverse group of accounts. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful, self-starter who has a passion for crafting and amplifying a brand’s story. The right candidate will be a creative, inquisitive individual who understands delivering quality work against deadlines.
· Provide tactical, creative support for assigned Wellington Group Marketing & PR’s clients
· Conduct industry research and synthesize the data to highlight important, relevant information
· Draft, edit, finalize and manage scheduling and posting of all blog posts for clients and WGPR (using interns for support as needed)
· Draft, finalize and distribute press releases, media alerts and pitches to media
· Monitor for coverage and provide media coverage reports to clients
· Develop and manage media lists for clients
· Draft & manage distribution of various email campaigns for WGPR & clients
· Internship management support
· New business support
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Administration or a related field
· Strong writing skills with ability to diversify tone of voice, point of view and level of details
· Strong communication, interpersonal, planning, analysis, troubleshooting, and skills
· Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
The Answering Services Representative, under the general direction of the Manager and Team Lead, compliments the Answering Services department. Core competencies of the department include directory assistance, emergency operator services and page operator services. The Answering Services Representative will serve as a critical point of contact for internal and external guests when greeting them, recording their requests, and pursuing their requests to a resolution. In addition the Answering Services Representative promptly identifies and escalates challenging situations to the leadership team as appropriate.
The ideal Answering Services Representative has excellent telephone skills and effectively handles and resolves challenging client situations through appropriate communication methods.
• Location/Facility Round Rock, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
• Specialty/Department/Practice Access Services
• Shift/Schedule PRN – flexible for all shifts 1,2 and 3rd, including weekends and holidays
• Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
• 2 year of experience required.
Responsible for the management of Medicaid accounts through patient written and verbal directions, aged trial balance reports, and Medicaid rejection reports for the accurate and timely filing of claims for maximum reimbursement. Ability to provide support to other Accounts Receivable departments, as needed. Adhere to all departmental policies and procedures.
+ Customer service duties include answering telephones for patients and others regarding billing inquiries and resolving billing issues in a professional manner.
+ Act as resource to CPL personnel and clients regarding Medicaid compliance guidelines.
+ Accurately enter information provided by various sources to correct claims in regards to CPT and ICD-10 codes and send out in a timely manner to Medicaid.
+ Audit accounts showing Medicaid denials to resolve balances.
+ Ability to interpret Explanation of Medicaid benefits.
+ Resolve invoices from outside laboratories for Medicaid patients.
+ Submitting and retrieving eligibility requests through TDH Connect.
+ Communicating with the Team-leader or Supervisor on areas that may be improved and appeals minimized.
+ Ability to stay work focused and perform job duties efficiently and accurately as well as meet the production standards as set by the Accounts Receivable Director. Must have strong organizational skills.
+ Employee must comply with CPL’s compliance policies and procedures.
+ Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
Scope: Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to the laboratory. Adheres to all accounts receivable policies, procedures and compliance guidelines. Works with minimal direction, consults with Team-leader or Supervisor as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Preferred at least two years in a standard Medicaid or related Star plans in a multitask environment, including customer service. Strong background in coding procedures preferred. Bilingual skills, private insurance experience and/or lab billing a plus.
Skills: Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company and with patients and physician office staff. Knowledge of microcomputer technology and terminology. Ability to type and demonstrate 10 key proficiency and current departmental standards is required. Develop effective and harmonious work habits and relationships. Ability to read and comprehend English.
Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment background check and drug screen, EOE.
Hiring department: LBJ Public Affairs
Monthly salary: $5,833+ depending on qualifications
Hours per week: 40.00 Standard from 800AM to 500PM
Posting number: 17-10-12-01-0367
Job Status: Open
FLSA status: Exempt
Earliest Start Date: Immediately
Position Duration: Funding expected to continue
Position open to all applicants
Location: Austin (main campus)
Number of vacancies: 1
General Notes: Finalists may be asked to submit an analytical writing sample.
Required Application Materials
+ A Resume is required in order to apply
+ A Letter of Interest is required in order to apply.
+ A List of 3 References is required in order to apply.
Coordinate all aspects of marketing/branding/communications of the China Public Policy Center (CPPC) as well as work closely with CPPC’s Executive Director and Associate Director in executing the center’s programmatic activities and fundraising strategies.
Manage CPPC’s marketing, branding, and external communications efforts, including overseeing the design of the website and updating website content; assist in developing and lead in the execution of CPPC’s social and traditional media strategy; and oversee the design of externally disseminated materials, including event flyers, fundraising documents, and publications, among others. Plan and execute programmatic activities such as researching and mapping out substantive discussion topics, representing CPPC in communications and meetings with internal and external stakeholders in the United States, Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Work closely with the Associate Director to evaluate the impact of those activities. Provide advanced support to the Executive Director in achieving CPPC’s fundraising goals, in close collaboration with the LBJ School, including conducting research, managing grants and preparing proposals, building databases, as well as building and maintaining relationships with donors in the United States, Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Establish and maintain communications with various stakeholders on all aspects of programmatic activities, including marketing, development, and research and serve as CPPC’s point of contact. Manage day-to-day operations of CPPC, including working closely with individual LBJ School areas, particularly Finance, HR, Contracts and Grants, and Development. Supervise support staff and student workers who will handle day-to-day business processing needs. (Before these staff and students are hired, the Program Manager will provide all such support for CPPC.) Produce and engage in thought leadership on China and U.S.-China relations related-issues, including security, economic, social, and cultural issues. Recommend new procedures for improvement of programmatic activities. Work on special projects as needed.
Other related functions as assigned.
At least a bachelor’s degree. At least 5 to 8 years of relevant experience directly related to the essential functions of this position. Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language. Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and authority as required. Team player excited to work in a start-up environment.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Master’s degree in international affairs, communications or closely related areas. Experience with establishing communications, forging partnerships, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and organizations in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Fluency in oral Mandarin Chinese and proficiency in written Chinese. Supervisory experience.
May work around standard office conditions
Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
Use of manual dexterity
A criminal history background check will be required
for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System
of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at
least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This
position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program
(ORP) instead of
subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least
135 days in length.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Our Payments Experience team is responsible for the experience of anyone paying or being paid on Facebook platforms. Our mission is to be the advocates for a better customer experience, drive customer focused support efforts, and provide insights for product teams about user experiences. We partner with multiple teams to broaden the accessibility of support, implement automated and in product support options, focus on scaled support solutions to allow for faster resolution, and provide insights for necessary product improvements so that we can reduce the volume of payment issues.
1. Become an expert in core risk/payments experience infrastructure, tools, systems, and data
2. Collaborate with our Program Management Team in determining Risk & Support Experience requirements that allow new products to scale
3. Manage projects and coordinate new product support across payments experience team stakeholders as part of product core teams
4. Communicate effectively with key cross-functional partners, including Eng, and others during design, build, launch, and expansion phase of product life cycle
5. Develops project schedules based on the product requirements, technical challenges, tooling lead-times and business needs
6. Manage a series of complex projects and coordinate new product support across numerous operations stakeholders
7. Influence and lead payments experience efforts with key cross-functional partners, including Product, Engineering, Design, Policy and others during design, build, launch, and expansion phase of product life cycle
8. Ensures project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
9. Able to see challenges before they arise, create plans to manage the tasks and alleviate the risks, and pitch in to execute those plans as needed.
10. 3+ years of experience in Program Management
11. 3+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams
12. 1+ years of experience working in an operations environment
13. 1+ years of experience in customer support
14. CAPM or PMP from PMI
**Equal Opportunity:** As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.
Reports To: Director of Strategy and Talent
The Director of Technology provides and executes technical architecture and strategies that enhance the organization through innovation in order to support all impacted customers. The Director is responsible for providing the leadership and vision for all aspects of the organization’s technology and systems. The individual is responsible for communicating with management, monitoring progress and managing risk throughout projects. The job calls for blending people, processes, and technology. The Technology Director will also have strong project management skills for leading teams to deliver projects on time and under budget while meeting or exceeding stakeholder requirements.
Required Job Skills:
- IT Strategy – Analyze technology and business trends in order to make recommendations for innovative enhancements throughout the organization.
- Project Management – The ability to plan, scope, budget and manage IT project solutions from start to finish.
- Requirements Gathering – Working with customers throughout the organization in order to analyze business objectives and turn them into strategic roadmaps.
- Cost benefit analysis – Managing the assessment of project cost against the benefits of the ROI.
- Budget & forecasting – The ability to create, manage, and assess the spend for the overall department and make recommendations for enhancements.
- Vendor Management – The ability to solicit, coordinate, supervise and manage rapport with work performed by outside vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Stakeholder Management – Working with internal business partners to translate business objectives into architectural roadmaps.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions.
- Organized – Plans and organizes tasks in an efficient productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Can juggle multiple projects. Pays attention to detail.
- Quality – Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality performance.
- Adaptable – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity. Flexes around new ideas, processes or environments.
- Resilient – Able to spring back and recover quickly from difficult situations.
- Competitive – Has the desire to win and be the best; naturally self-motivated
- Technical – Understand how to use technology and other tools relevant to the job.
- Self-starter – Takes initiative by jumping into tasks and responsibilities. Ability to thrive with little supervision and asks for assistance when needed.
- Customer Service – Provides “World Class Customer Service” to those that they interact with and serve on a daily basis.
- O Factor – Mastering the needs of our customers. This is proactively knowing the needs and meeting them. This principle applies to how we treat fellow employees, people we manage, vendors, etc.
- Teamwork – We do not view the company by its departments but rather as one team committed to fulfill our mission statement.
- Constant Improvement – A commitment to never be satisfied with our performance. Through attitude, evaluation, and reporting we are committed to push ourselves to improve.
- Whatever It Takes – Once a goal is set we are committed to providing the tools, resources, and effort it takes to reach that goal.
- Innovation – We are committed, in all areas of the company, to encourage out of the box ideas and to constantly look for innovative approaches.
- Value Driven – We are committed to spending every dollar and minute of our time in the most efficient manner.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience within Information Technology .
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving expertise.
- Strong team player with service oriented attitude and customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Benefits Offered: Medical, Life
Employment Type: Contractor
Support role for the Project Management team – assisting with administrative tasks including scheduling resources, processing equipment deliveries, maintaining Operations database, and general support of the PM team.
About Zolon Tech:
Zolon Tech, Inc. (ZTI) is a fast-growing, 8(a) certified business providing Information Technology solutions and services to Federal and commercial clients. ZTI is CMMI Level 3, ITIL, and ISO 20000 certified and is a leader in the IT industry. Headquartered in Herndon- VA.
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Summary of Responsibilities: Fluence is looking for an aggressive, high energy communications professional with the creativity and relentless pursuit for telling the company’s story through earned media across trade, bridge and business publications. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio of generating strategic coverage for B2B companies, ideally within the high-tech and/or horticulture industries.
The Public Relations Manager reports to the Vice President of Marketing, and is responsible for driving cross-functional PR campaigns with Sales to execute lead generation and new client acquisition PR campaigns, as well as with the larger Marketing team to drive PR tactics for product launch cycles and events to bring ensure Fluence is at the forefront of thought leadership in an emerging industry.
Key Functions Include:
· Defines comprehensive media strategy and oversees planning, execution and management of media communications
· Forge new — and deepen existing — relationships with strategic news media spanning business, technology and horticulture audiences
· Drive compelling reporting and metrics that demonstrate business impact
· Contribute to content strategy, working closely with digital marketing team
· Must demonstrate ‘beyond exceptional’ writing skills to draft press releases, blog posts, media pitches, bylines and speaking abstracts.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in journalism, public relations or communications
· More than 5 years of PR agency and/or corporate PR experience as a B2B communications/PR professional in the technology or horticulture industry preferred
· Ability to articulate highly technical product information in general terms
· Strong media relations/PR background; relationships with target industry media required
· Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing short and long-term media communication plans, and the ability to work effectively with senior executives, product management, sales and partners/customers.
· The ability to work effectively under deadline and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· The ability to think and communicate clearly, impeccable organizational skills
· Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills; rigorous attention to detail and quality
· The successful candidate will be bright, articulate and ambitious, with a strong work ethic and the ability to create and present innovative communications
· Position is based in Austin, Texas with some travel
Thanks for your feedback.
Originally published Oct 29, 2017.
This article is reprinted by permission from