Job Opening: Technical Sound Designer – Contractor
Position: Technical Sound Designer – Contractor
Company: Magic Leap, Inc.
Location: Fort Lauderdale FL US
A Technical Sound Designer at Magic Leap contributes to both Mixed Reality experiences in current production and conducts R&D on behalf of advanced concepts. Your work forms the connective tissue between the creative and technical arts. You will work with both a small team dedicated to developing innovative audio tools and workflows for a cutting edge Mixed Reality platform and with cross-disciplinary teams supporting the integration of music, sound design, dialogue and audio behaviors.
The ideal candidate is a master of game audio middleware, a quick and enthusiastic learner, an excellent problem solver, and embraces both the creative and technical challenges that arise at the interstices of new frontiers in computing, audio, and interactive entertainment.
- Responsible for the integration of Music, Dialog, Sound Effects, Sound Design into Mixed Reality games and experiences
- Scripting within Unity and Unreal
- Contributing to R&D of our Mixed Reality Audio Tool Kit
- Collaborating with composers and sound designers, in support of innovative audio behaviors
- Contribute to the overall soundscape design for Interactive media (games and other experiences)
- Integrating new digital processing techniques into Mixed Reality Experiences
- Testing and debugging
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience integrating audio in game engines (Unity/Unreal)
- Highly proficient in Wwise, and familiar with other middleware solutions
- Substantial knowledge of scripting for game engines and audio middleware (Familiarity with C#, C++)
- Background in Audio Engineering (Recording, Mixing, Mastering)
- Conduct field and studio recordings; produce, edit, mix and integrate sound effects.
- Mastery of current pro audio tools (digital audio workstations, microphones, outboard gear)
- Passion for developing best practices and innovative audio integration techniques for interactive games and Mixed Reality Experiences
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner
Preferred (Nice to Have):
- Familiarity with Perforce (P4)
- Familiarity with Unreal Blueprints
- Familiarity with procedural sound design concepts
- Ability to play a traditional musical instrument
- Understanding of and familiarity with 3D spatialized audio
- Experience with Fabric and FMOD
- Live/Concert audio support
- Music Technology related university degree or equivalent experience
NOTE: Applicants should also be prepared to be asked to provide the following:
- Scripting Samples
- Audio-reel demonstrating contributions to commercially released product
- Video of homemade experiences or passion projects, whether commercially released or not
- Soundcloud demonstrating finished procedural audio projects
- Additional Information
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
This article is reprinted by permission from Source link