Job Opening: Marketing Optimization Specialist
Position: Marketing Optimization Specialist
Location: Remote US
The marketing team’s goal is to build a powerful brand that speaks to our customers while creating a growth trajectory for the company that allows us to continue to invest in our product, our team, and our customers.
ConvertKit is email marketing software for professional bloggers. We have 14,000 paying customers, send 200 million emails per month, and are growing revenue quickly.
Think of ConvertKit as the power of Infusionsoft, but easier to use than MailChimp. We’re a remote team of 24+ people in 10 states and 6 countries. We hire A-players and treat them like A-players because we believe in the power of great company culture to help us grow.
This role is designed for an experienced full- stack marketer and requires a variety of skills and competencies. As a ConvertKit Marketing Optimization Specialist, you’ll be responsible for increasing conversions throughout our marketing funnel.
Measures of success include being the resident expert on the full marketing funnel; running multiple, effective optimization experiments at a time; and ultimately driving more account signups by driving higher conversion rates throughout the funnel. Like everyone on the team, it’s always your job to help the company meet our growth goals and to treat our customers like they’re the reason we exist (because they are!).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain a marketing experimentation plan that is available to the entire ConvertKit team, including experiment purpose, key performance indicator(s), hypotheses, results, and notes.
- Run marketing experiments designed to increase conversions throughout the funnel, from ad clicks to email signups to demo signups to account signups.
- Work with the marketing team designer to test new pages in the marketing site funnel with alternative designs, copy, and calls to action.
- Design, write and test alternative creative, headlines, and body copy for ad campaigns.
- Write and test alternative headlines and body copy for email broadcasts and sequences.
- Work with the marketing team designer to design, build, and test demo signup flows.
- Work with the marketing team designer to design, build and test trial signup flows.
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission.
- A passion for the iterative growth process required to find new growth opportunities.
- Minimum three years experience in growth marketing, data analysis, or funnel optimization roles.
- Familiarity with growth experimentation frameworks and general knowledge of growth strategy for startups.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and initiate consistent communication across teams.
- A genuine desire to build meaningful relationships within the ConvertKit team, including the ability to drive constructive conflict that leads to great ideas and positive outcomes.
- Expertise in building and growing genuine relationships with partners, media, and content creators.
- A deep understanding of the blogging industry.
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to pitch ideas, tell powerful stories, and sell our vision.
- Comfort in working as part of a remote team.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong data analysis skills, including the ability to gauge statistical relevance of data-driven test results without getting caught up in the weeds.
- Intuitive taste for branding and design that resonates deeply with the ConvertKit customer base.
- Extensive experience with A/B testing tools like Visual Website Optimizer.
- Ability to jump into tools like Sketch or Photoshop to build a mockup that demonstrates a design concept.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS to the extent that you can edit copy and layout on an existing web page with relative ease.
- Basic copywriting skills that will allow you to test headline and body copy alternatives in emails and web pages.
Perks and benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Generous equipment budget
- Work from anywhere
- Bi-annual team retreats
- 3 weeks paid vacation (With a 4th week added after one year with the team)
- 7 paid holidays
- 3 sick days
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus
- 401K with match
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
Applications for this role close on Monday, July 10th, 2017 at noon pacific time (GMT -8).
This article is reprinted by permission from Source link