Job Opening: Communications and Media Coordinator
Position: Communications and Media Coordinator
Company: California Department of General Services
Location: West Sacramento CA US
The California Department of General Services’ (DGS) Office of Public Affairs is looking for a dynamic media/public relations professional to join our team as the department’s Communications and Media Coordinator.
We are a small, unique team with a collaborative spirit and a nontraditional approach to government communications. We pride ourselves on producing exceptional work within deadlines; easily adapting to changing priorities; and fostering positive, productive relationships both within and outside of the department. We also embrace DGS’ core values of integrity, accountability, communication, excellence, innovation and teamwork.
The Office of Public Affairs works to inform both internal and external audiences of the services offered by DGS divisions and the work being performed within the department.
The Communications and Media Coordinator will:
- Write and edit vibrant and engaging communication materials including: news releases, social media content, website content, newsletter content, fact sheets, media alerts, blogs, speeches, talking points and other materials.
- Serve as a project manager, overseeing successful implementation of multiple concurrent communication projects in a deadline-oriented and nimble environment.
- Serve as a point of contact for members of the news media and serve as an on-the-record spokesperson.
- Promote the department’s accomplishments to both internal and external stakeholders by sharing, success stories, key initiatives and other newsworthy information.
- Coordinate DGS’ response to information requests from the media made through the Public Records Act, including analysis and consultation with DGS’ legal office.
- Strategically manage and disseminate content for multiple web and social media channels.
- Use web content management systems (WordPress, Sitecore) to regularly update content on DGS’ internal and external websites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ work experience in the fields of public relations, media, communications, political/ advocacy campaigns or related field.
- Experience with digital photo and video.
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud suite, e.g., Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign.
- Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) writing style.
- Dynamic, charismatic, confident communicator with proven ability to work cross-functionally, exerting influence without direct authority.
- Ability to analyze data and present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing, and to develop and evaluate alternatives.
- Conduct formal presentations with effective communication skills.
- Understand the structure and functions of state (and federal) government.
- Exercise open-mindedness, flexibility, good judgment and tact in all interactions.
How to apply:
Step 1: View
View the job posting to find information about the position, department, job duties, and special instructions by visiting: jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=66176
Step 2: Assess
Tell us about yourself. Help us evaluate your education, experience, abilities and knowledge by taking a quick assessment. Read the job’s bulletin to see the qualifications needed. It will also explain what the job is like, and gives you an overview of the assessment process.
If you are interested and qualified, begin the assessment. If you pass, then you are eligible to start applying!
Take the assessment by clicking the link at the bottom of this page:
Step 3: Apply
Submit your application by following the Application Instructions on the job bulletin.
Instructions on the job bulletin.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $5,720.00 to $7,108.00 /month
This article is reprinted by permission from Source link