City of Oak Ridge Job Opening: Utility Maintenance Specialist—Sewer
The City of Oak Ridge is currently accepting applications for Utility Maintenance Specialist—Sewer.
Position: Utility Maintenance Specialist—Sewer
Vacancy due to retirement
Pay Group: 17 ($15.39-$19.23 per hour)
Primary Job Duties:
- Inspects, rehabilitates, improves, extends, and maintains the wastewater collection system. Locates and marks pipes, detects and repairs leaks, installs/repairs manholes, makes sewer taps, and makes any other necessary improvements or extensions.
- Operates various light and heavy equipment and hand and power tools, including digging and lifting equipment, jet rodders, vac-truck, easement machines, SL-RAT acoustic inspection equipment, and CCTV equipment.
- Completes and maintains records and reports, including maintenance records, work orders, time sheets, and reports for federal and state regulatory compliance.
- Supervises and/or trains other employees as needed, and resolves citizen concerns.
- Familiarity with computers and data entry
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by 3 years directly related experience/knowledge of wastewater collection maintenance and repair with ability to troubleshoot wastewater system problems and read blueprints.
- Ability to operate a backhoe, jet rodders, vac-truck, easement machines, SL-RAT acoustic inspection equipment, and CCTV equipment.
- Ability to work with and lead others, communicate effectively, and prepare accurate and thorough records/reports.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds and perform manual work in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Must obtain Grade II Wastewater Collection certification within twelve months of placement.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with N endorsement within 6 months of hire.
Individuals interested in this position must have an application on file with the Personnel Department by 12:00 noon on Friday, July 14, 2017.
See the City of Oak Ridge website for more information and to download an employment application.
This article is reprinted by permission from Source link