City of Oak Ridge Job Opening: Fire Fighter-Trainee, Fire Fighter/Engineer
The City of Oak Ridge is accepting applications for the positions of Fire Fighter-Trainee and Fire Fighter/Engineer to fill possible openings during the next few months. All applicants, particularly women and minorities, interested in becoming an Oak Ridge Fire Fighter Engineer are strongly encouraged to apply at this time.
Positions: Fire Fighter-Trainee and Fire Fighter/Engineer
Starting Salary: $32,002 per year for Trainees and $33,575 for Engineers before standard deductions plus supplemental pay with EMT or Paramedic certification
- At least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Honorable Discharge from Military Service (if applicable)
- Excellent physical condition with weight in proportion to height
- Excellent moral character and free of criminal conviction record
- Able to pass a physical agility test, psychological evaluation, background investigation and medical examination and drug screening
- Have or able to obtain Tennessee Driver’s License within 30 days of appointment and must have a telephone/cell phone
Mandatory orientation sessions for the position(s) and a discussion of testing requirements are scheduled for August 14 and 15, 2017. You must have an application on file with the Personnel Department before attending orientation or bring your application with you to orientation, along with a government issues photo ID. You MUST attend ONE (1) of the orientation sessions to be eligible to take the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) in October 2017. You will have eight (8) weeks to prepare for the CPAT test and will be give three (3) attempts to pass the test.
Orientation sessions will be held on August 14 and 15, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., two hours per session.
Pollard Technology Center
210 Badger Avenue
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Please contact the Personnel Department at (865) 425-3564 if you have any questions.
See the City of Oak Ridge website for more information.
This article is reprinted by permission from Source link